Recent Posts

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Another 'noshing' night

Another busy day in my kitchen as I prepared for tablenosh.  Thank goodness for Chelsea who came over to help and be my 'sous' chef.  We had lots of fun prepping and cooking together and of course tasting the food.  I realized I should probably taste most things before I serve them.  I think our favorite may have been the Creamy Roasted Garlic and Parnsip soup...oh my goodness it was so good (definitely reccomend this recipe). 
The menu for the evening was my own vision and consisted of:

Aperitif: Champagne Cocktail
Appetizer:  Onion Foccacia served with fresh basil pesto and labna (a creamy yogurt cheese)
Entree:  Creamy Roasted Parsnip and Garlic Soup
Main:  Dukkah Crusted Salmon w/ cous cous salad, green beans and a lemon garlic yogurt dressing
Dessert Trio:  Chocolate Creme Brulee, Brandy Snaps w/Raspberry Cream and Strawberry Mint Compote
Tea and Coffee
I was also very pleased with the main, as it was my first time cooking salmon and I think the dukkah worked really well.  And I might add the chocolate creme brulee was also pretty good...extremely rich but good.

Overall I certainly enjoyed the night and hope the guests did too!  It looks like next Saturday Tablenosh 'girls' is all booked out...now I just have to figure how to rearrange the house so everyone can fit!

3 comments:

Annie Vaughan said...

Hi Leila! What a fabulously, scrumptious feast you laid before us on Friday! Thank you so much. I especially enjoyed the salmon (my first time so thank you for introducing us:-)), cous cous salad and green beans.....beautiful! Dessert was just divine. Can't wait for the next one!

By the way, I have some ideas. Let's grab a coffee this week sometime. Call me - 0415 524 723.
Thanks again.....just fabulous!!
Annie x

Anonymous said...

Thanks Leila .
Yum Yum Yum....
Salmon excellent, the desert oh the goodness.
The company was really enjoyable as well. Always a joy meeting new people.
Ally <'v'>

Leila Nelson Gunning said...

Thanks Ladies! I am so glad you enjoyed the food, I think the next Nosh is gonna be a 'Christmas in July' dinner on July 31st...what do you think?

Post a Comment